|Please bring the following list of supplies with you to class. Please do not wait until class time to purchase your fabric and supplies. You'll need plenty of time to set up your workstation.
Please bring the following along with any additional supplies requested by your instructor.
- Sewing machine in good working order along with foot pedal and power supply cord. **It's important that your machine is in good working order and that you know how to use it. As a courtesy to all class students, we are unable to pause class time to make adjustments to machines, or to provide machine instruction. We thank you for understanding.
- Extra machine needles
- At least 2-3 pre-threaded bobbins
- Thread (silver/light grey is usually best unless requested differently by your instructor)
- We suggest students bring all of the standard accessors that go with their machines. The regular sewing foot and a walking foot are usually 2 of the most important for quilted projects
- Seam ripper
- Snips or small scissors
- Rotary Cutter
- Any straight basic quilting rulers that you have in various lengths
- Straight pins
- Starchless fabric smoothing spray like Best Press or Flatter (optional)
- Fabric pen/pencil (removal/erasable)
- Paper and pen for note taking
- A printed version of your pattern (if you’re using a pattern for your class)
- If your class requires quite a bit of piecing work, you may also bring a mini-iron and wool mat to iron with at your station.
We look forward to seeing you.
- Heidi and the Sew Together Staff